We ask you for information to enable us to complete your request and to establish and serve you as our customer. We collect the information we need and only use it for the purposes explained to you.
When you apply for a new product or service we will indicate in the application or agreement how we intend to use your information. We will indicate clearly which information would help us to serve you but is optional for you to provide.
We may use your personal information for the purposes communicated to you at the time of collection or in your agreement(s) with us, including:
- To provide you with the products and services requested;
- To fulfil contractual obligations covered in agreements you have entered into with us;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., Income Tax Act, the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act, Criminal code, Federal and Provincial Consumer Protection legislation, Guidelines issued by Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada ("Fintrac"), Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions ("OSFI"), Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada ("OPC"), and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ("FCAC");
- To verify your identity and to authenticate you when you contact us;
- For legitimate business purposes. Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you;
- To communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about products and services you have with us;
- To better understand your financial situation and determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- Where we are processing information based on your consent;
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings;
- For the purpose of fraud, crime prevention, suppression or detection;
- To manage our risks and operations; and
- If we have your social insurance number, and you hold a product generating income, we may use it for tax related purposes and share it with the appropriate government agencies. With your consent, we may also share it with credit reporting agencies as an aid to identify you.
We may use your personal information for additional uses, including:
- We may communicate with you through various channels including telephone, facsimile and mail using the contact information you have provided. We will communicate with you by email only if you have requested us to do so. For your protection, we recommend you do not send confidential information or personal information via email unless you have encryption technology or are able to password protect your email or attached documents as email is not a secure method of communication;
- We may wish to send to you information, which may be of interest to you, on other products and services that we offer and of third parties we select. We will only send you information on products and services in accordance with the choices you have made;
- If you deal with multiple Concentra companies (e.g., Concentra Bank and Concentra Trust), we may, where not prohibited by law, consolidate all information to better manage our relationship with you and our business; and
- We may create statistical and
anonymized reports, analysis and predictive models, rules and insights using information about you and other customers. The information in these reports is not personal and cannot be used to identify you.
If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose than that of your original intent, we ask for your consent before we proceed.