|ANNOUNCEMENT - Friday, May 15, 2020|
Good news for commercial clients
Access to EDC Business Credit Availability Program now available through Concentra
Does your business require an infusion of capital to sustain operations, fund inventory, cover a temporary slowdown in sales or meet accounts receivable? If so, the Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) may be right for you. The BCAP standardized guarantee loan program is offered by Export Development Canada (EDC) to businesses experiencing cash flow disruption as a result of COVID-19. Qualifying clients can access a maximum 364-day operating line or cash flow term loan of up to $6.25 million, with the possibility to renew annually for up to 5 years.
There are no exporting requirements and the loan is 80 per cent guaranteed by EDC. Subject to eligibility requirements, the funds must be used for operational expenses and not for debt repayment, refinancing, shareholder distributions or dividend payouts.
- The loan must be used for operational expenses only and cannot be used for debt payment, refinancing or dividend payouts.
The client must be a Canadian business impacted by COVID-19 (export sales not required).
The following businesses are ineligible:
- Government organizations or bodies (except for First Nation-owned businesses, which are eligible to apply), or government-owned entities
- Unions, charitable, religious, or fraternal organizations or entities owned by such organizations except registered T2 or T3010 corporations that generate a portion of revenue from sales of goods or services
- Entities owned by any federal Member of Parliament or Senator
- Entities that promote violence, incite hatred or discriminate on-the-basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex, age, or mental or physical disability
Additional information about the Business Credit Availability Program is available on the Government of Canada website.
Apply for BCAP by completing the
online form on Export Development Canada's website. Once completed, EDC will email us and a Concentra account manager will contact you to share the next steps.