Building on five years of great success and community support across Canada, Concentra is proud to announce our 2016 emPOWERING Your Communities campaign. This year, Concentra will grant two awards valued at $25,000 each, as well as 15 awards valued at $10,000 each.
By increasing our corporate support to $200,000 in 2016, Concentra is demonstrating our unwavering commitment to credit unions and the co-operative values we share. We want to partner with and support credit unions as you serve your local communities.
Since 2011, Concentra has contributed over $800,000 to more than 70 unique credit union-driven initiatives in close to 70 Canadian communities. Previous emPOWERING recipients have included a wide variety of credit union-supported initiatives and programming to enhance Canadian communities such as: arts, culture and community programming; financial literacy and skills training; health and wellness initiatives; housing and emergency shelter facilities; and community and recreational centers.
Applications are invited from all Canadian credit unions. Our employee-driven selection committee will consider projects of all sizes and scope. Previous recipients are eligible to apply again, provided your request is in support of a new initiative. As a reminder, your project should be:
- led or championed by your credit union,
- supported financially and in-kind by your credit union,
- representative of our co-operative values and,
- demonstrative of credit union leadership in your community.
- Submit your application online before midnight on March 14, 2016. We cannot accept late applications. Please feel free to forward this message appropriately.
- Concentra will notify all successful applicants by early April.
- Recipients will be formally announced during the Concentra Annual General Meeting in Saskatoon on May 2, 2016. A reception to honour all 2016 recipients will also be held and we encourage you to consider attending. Details will follow in due course.
If you have any questions on Concentra’s 2016 emPOWERING Your Communities campaign, please get in touch. All the very best of luck as we work together to build stronger communities.